Hello, everypony!
This time you'll get only a few photos, but I hope you'll like them anyway. I'd like to present you some creations I made last year, from October to December. Most of them are oriented towards the Filly Fairy character Melian, hence the name of this article. Let's look into it and talk about each individual custom piece!
Second creation I'd like to show is this bracelet inspired by Melian and her color palette. This technique is called "shamballa", you can easily look it up on the internet if you want to make your own bracelet like this. I used waxed cotton strings in the same colors as her body and mane, one white bead as her snout and blaze, two blue beads symbolizing her eyes, two golden beads reffering to her crown, and then green beads that glow in the dark so it looks like her wings. This bracelet was also for Moji! I'd like to make a matching one for myself, but in Thori's colors, that's gonna be cute! ♥
And here are both Melian-ish gifts for Moji! I've put a lot of love into making them. I'm so happy Moji liked them! ♥
And the last Melian of this article is this figure I made out of FIMO polymer clay! She's smaller than a regular Filly figure, but bigger than baby editions. I was hoping the green wings would glow in a dark, but sadly they don't. I might buy a glow-in-the-dark green paint and paint them to make it more Filly-like, hehe.
If I could give you one advice when working with polymer clay, it would be to not work in an enviroment that is even slightly dusty, such as a bed or a sofa. Oh, and to clean your hands often so they don't get sweaty and the dust doesn't stick to them. We were making these while sitting on a couch at my friend's place and you can tell that there are tiny tiny micro fibers scattered across the whole figure as they were sticking to my hands. Sadly I noticed it too late and couldn't remove those from the clay. Luckily it's not THAT visible, but once you notice it you'll always know. xD I'm still very excited about the result though!
My last custom was this attempt to imitate "Filly Princess recolor" figure of Crystal. I took the basic Crystal figure and an acrylic marker to repaint her hooves, mane and tail. It was surprisingly challenging and you can see from the photo it didn't go 100% well; there are some tiny spots that are probably scratched and don't hold the paint in place. The yellow and red base colors are peeking through. I plan on retouching it with a different acrylic paint, but I don't think it will work. Another option would be to sand those spots down a bit so that the paint "sticks" to it, but they are so tiny I would probably just damage the figure. It's such a shame, I didn't expect a problem like this would occur since the paint should stick even to spots with less flocking. Oh well, but it's a learning experience!
I definitely plan on making more customs, both Filly and MLP! I already have a box full of figures that need to be customized, and I got some acrylic paint and acrylic markers for Christmas! Stay tuned for more DIY (or rather DI-WHY) projects!
Enjoy the rest of the summer!
~Eliška Poníková





No comments:
Post a Comment